- This event has passed.
Maine Rivers Conference on the Kennebec
May 10, 2014$40
Saturday, May 10, 2014
- To Build Alliances to Restore the Native Sea Run Fish of the Kennebec River
- To Emphasize the Need to Remove Barriers and Improve Fish Passage on the Kennebec
Dr. John Waldman, noted author and aquatic conservation biologist at Queens College, CUNY, makes his first public appearance in Maine after publishing Running Silver: Restoring Atlantic Rivers and Their Great Fish Migrations
Sponsored by Colby College Environmental Science & Biology Departments
- Great Food! Morning muffins, coffee & tea, locally sourced lunch.
Sponsored by Bates Harward Center for Community Partnerships
- Viewing fish lift and trap & truck operations at Lockwood dam adjacent to Hathaway Center
- Afternoon visit to the fish lift at Benton Falls Dam on the Sebasticook River to see the commercial harvest of alewives. Register for this limited opportunity at the conference.
- Networking Happy hour featuring Alewife Ale
Sponsored by Stantec
A full agenda is available here: Maine Rivers Conference on the Kennebec Agenda
Registration: $40.00/adult, $10.00/student prior to May 1, $50/$10 after May 1.
Registration includes morning refreshments, gourmet lunch and a one year
membership to Maine Rivers. Register at www.mainerivers.org.